KONCEPT EVENTS‘ MEETING PLANNERS are always keeping it fresh for our clients. So when we started exploring ways to wow some of our long-standing accounts…we decided to take them off dry land and deliver an option that would give them not one – but many destinations over the course of a single event.
Cruise ships have a fresh new twist on corporate group destinations and TRAVEL and are ready for event professional’s business now more than ever! Here’s what KE knows and wants to share with you:
- While cruising is nothing new to South Florida…the name of the game has changed a bit. This important “venue” is no longer just for Spring Breakers and snowbirds!
- The luxury market has grown immensely in the cruising world. Picture a private, state-of-the-art, 5 star experience…while crossing the Atlantic.
- Ships are being outfitted specifically to compete with the hotel resort properties. Meetings and incentives programs are becoming a staple piece of the cruising business model and clientele.
- Charters are now focusing on more time in port so the client is getting the full breadth of the port’s experience. Cruise brands have developed their ability to service corporate groups on land by partnering with DMC’s for things like teambuilders and dine-arounds.
- Cruise ships have invested in the same types of on-board services a client could take advantage of if they had a full city to explore. Ex. restaurants on ships are no longer just all you can eat buffets but culinary experiences and the number of dining options per ship has grown.
- Investments in technology have been made to meet standard business needs and expectations such as wifi access, internet libraries with the latest computers, and tablets available for corporate group use.
Still not sure if this is the way to go for your next program? Here’s some of the down and dirty stats that KE clients are taking advantage of:
- There is on average a 30% savings for corporate groups on a ship in comparison to hotel experiences thanks to the all-inclusive packages that are easily negotiated through a total event management organization that provides theseSERVICES.
- Frequently a port of call will include 5-8 tour options with food and wine included at reasonable costs.
- Because there are so many destination options with cruising (so it never gets old or boring), groups are frequently booking more than one program at a time and receiving heavy discounts for locking in multiple commitments early.
- Ships are outfitted with in-house dedicated service for corporate groups and meetings like any hotel would have with a Convention Services Manager (CSM).
- Every 18-24 months ships are dry-docked. This means they are removed from the water, completely re-furbished, technologically updated and fully maintained with new amenities.
*Thank you to our friends at PRESTIGE CRUISE HOLDINGS