Who uses satin chair covers anymore?! EW! Oh and tired multi-colored floral printed linens?! SO EW!
At Koncept Events we know what’s HOT and what’s…well, NOT! With a little inspiration from the hilarious comedic-styling’s of JIMMY FALLON AND HIS REOCCURRING “EW” SKIT ON THE TONIGHT SHOW; KE wanted to let you in on what we think is the “EW” of the events industry today. Enjoy!
DÉCOR THAT IS SOOO “EW!”
- Cylinder vases with tinted water and floating candles
- Gel beads-EW!!!!
- Over-printed hotel carpet
- Pleated floral banquet skirting-EW! Somebody please invest in some spandex!
- Purple dendrobium orchids-EW! They are like, the carnation of the orchid world.
- Chair covers with sash bows-You hated bows when your mom made you wear them so why should the chair suffer? EW!
- SEAWORLD-EW! Enough said.
- Using live fish in centerpieces-RUDE. EW. Spoiler alert – most of them die after.
- Big styrofoam props like alligators, palm trees and flip flops-Mother earth called…she’s asking you to grow a conscience.
- Mobile apps with no content and non-stop updates-Downloading again and again! Not a “cool” factor. EW!
- Plastic water bottles-This is just obvious. SOOOOO EW!!!!!
- Mashed potato bars-Again and again? It has been seen and done…and done people! EW!
- Mass produced bread rolls-Stale cardboard is NOT “yum!” – in fact, its EW!
- Fanny packs on airport staff- KE says EW!
Yeah, we know you might not agree with us…and as things tend to come back in style we may disagree with ourselves down the road too. But in the here and now-we say EW to this list of event DON’TS. You’re welcome!