January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month. In honor of that, Koncept Events is proud to announce we have joined ECPAT and have also signed The Tourism Child Protection Code of Conduct (aka The Code) to do our part to raise awareness of and put and end to human trafficking. As a female owned business, helping empower women and children is a very important cause. We believe being in the hospitality industry, in hotels and at airports, our people are in a position to truly make change. Please join us this month in pledging your support and see the video below to learn more about trafficking and what KE is doing to help.
- Human trafficking is the exercise of coercive control over persons for the purpose of exploitation. When the victim is under 18, they are a victim of child trafficking.
- According to the International Labor Organization (ILO), over 40 million people are living in slavery worldwide.
- 1 in 4 victims of modern slavery are children, according to the ILO.
- The ILO reports that 4.8 million victims of modern slavery are sexually exploited.
- An ILO report found that modern slavery is a $150 billion crime.
- Human trafficking has been reported in all 50 states: in cities, suburbs, and rural areas.
- Trafficking is a multi-billion dollar industry worldwide. While stolen goods, drugs, or guns can be sold once, a human being can be sold over and over again.