The CUBAN CULTURE played an enormous role in shaping MIAMI and much of South Florida. So when KONCEPT EVENTS clients come to sunny Florida for an event, one of the top requested themes is naturally inspired by traditional Cuban flavor. Here KE teaches you how to create the perfect “Cuban Centerpiece.”
What You Need:
- Plastic Wrap
- Cigar Box
- Oasis Advantage Plus Floral Foam
- Variety of Brightly Colored Florals of Your Choosing
- Optional: Variety of Tropical Leaves of Your Choosing
TIP: Select quantities of each flower that will cover the entire foam brick and create a full appearance.
1) Line the base of an old fashioned cigar box with plastic. A light layer is just to catch the excess water.
2) Place a moistened foam brick into the box.
3) Begin strategically placing the florals and any leaves into the foam brick. The foam brick will support in maintaining moisture so your centerpieces lifespan is increased.
TIP: Practice tucking the ends of the leaves in loops and manipulate the shape of the floral and leaves using the foam brick to tuck pieces in.
Perfecto! You have a feast of color and texture for the eyes. Adding tropical patterned linens, coconuts, tea lights, coffee beans, pineapples, or wicker decor will enhance the finished look. Just DON’T use them all! The main focus is your cigar box of florals and the bright and exotic hues are so eye-catching – small accents are all that is needed to support the design of your “Cuban Centerpiece.”